Monday 27 June 2016

The Words from the Woods Lynn Huggins-Cooper


Do you have a special place that inspires you? I am running a writing project in my 'special' place - the 360 hectares of woodland behind our house. I go there most days for at least a short walk to clear my head and to give my writing projects composting time. I solve plotting problems as I walk. 



Words from the Woods is a year long writing project, where I am inviting people to walk and write with me, inspired by the beauty of the forest.


We are adding our writing to altered books made with natural found objects such as dried leaves and seeds, and making sculptures of pods and other organic shapes woven with words and phrases to create an exhibition.


If you are local to the Newcastle area, you might like to join us - we'll be holding special participation days. If you'd like to get involved but don't live locally, we'll be running online sessions and creating a collaborative piece. Find out more from our new project Facebook group.






2 comments:

Joan Lennon said...

Sounds just lovely!

Dianne Hofmeyr said...

What a wonderfully creative and peaceful thing to be doing in times like these. Just breathing that air must be good for the soul.