Monday 20 February 2017

Restless Legs of the Mind - Joan Lennon



(image Middlesex Hospital, found on this blog)

Anybody else get this?  Restless legs, keeping you awake at night, insisting on twitching and fidgeting no matter how tired you are?  I'm lucky in only having RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome) from time to time, and in that it goes away of its own sweet accord. 

But lately I have been struck down by a ferocious case of RBS (Restless Brain Syndrome), and not just at night.


(image Wiki Commons)  

All day as well my thoughts fidget and twitch like the flanks of a horse with a swishy tail and lots of flies bothering about and in this comparison I am the horse AND the flies AND the tail ... I am also like a computer screen with a gazillion tabs open all at the same time.  With the attention span of someone having a quick visit to Facebook.  Which, as I just dotted off to find out, is less than that of an average goldfish.  

Why a goldfish? 

Why Facebook?

I hope to get better soon, because I have books to write.  One book to write.  Not the three that are currently buzzing about like flies, stirred up by the flailing tail of ... Nope, can't remember what that comparison was going to be.  

What?

Any advice from fellow sufferers gratefully received but keep it, you know, brief ...




Joan Lennon's website.
Joan Lennon's blog.

5 comments:

Heather Dyer said...

Mindfulness!

catdownunder said...

Miaou of sympathy!

Anne Booth said...

I so understand this!

Joan Lennon said...

Thanks for good advice, sympathy and understanding!

Steve Gladwin said...

Yes me too. The butterfly mind which won't let up. Hope yours does Joan.